Subject: hpff: Re: New HTML F90 and HPF Courses available

From: "C.M.Woo (HKUSP2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 10:03:48 +0800 (HKT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

  I have got the material here in Hong Kong and I have teaching it for 2
FORTRAN 90 courses. I think that course is a very nice one for FORTRAN 77
programmers. It explains the most important drawbacks in FORTRAN 77 that
FORTRAN 77 programmers should have concerned and the course introduces
alternative ways in FORTRAN 90 that could replace those obsolete
features. For most FORTRAN 77 who need to work with legacy code, these
addresses draws the students great interest in the course. The course
provide just the most important and relevant information for FORTRAN 77
programmers without too much details on FORTRAN 90 language ( FORTRAN 90
is big !) and so it is suitable for FORTRAN 77 programmers who have
been accustomed to the old obselete features and who are uncomfortable to
learn too much and uncomfortable to make too big changes.
  We hope that we could have another course "Advanced FORTRAN 90" as nice
as the current one in the future.

Regards,
Woo Chat Ming.

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Dr A.C. Marshall wrote:

>
> New Fortran 90 and HPF HTML Courses
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> The Computing Services Department of the  University of Liverpool would
> like to announce the availability of their popular Fortran 90 and High
> Performance Fortran Courses in a new interactive Web-based HTML format.
> ...
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------