Subject: hpff: CFP: IOPADS '97

From: Rajeev Thakur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:30:21 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                       Fifth Annual Workshop on
               I/O in Parallel and Distributed Systems
                              (IOPADS)

               URL: http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/iopads

                        in conjunction with
           SC97: High Performance Networking and Computing
                         November 17, 1997
                         San Jose, CA, USA

          Current Sponsors: ACM SIGACT, SIGARCH, and SIGOPS

  IOPADS brings together researchers in all aspects of storage-related
I/O in parallel and distributed systems, including algorithms,
applications, architecture, and systems software.  It is our opinion
that the research problems are most effectively addressed by
investigating all these areas rather than working in each area in
isolation.  Although I/O-related papers appear in many other
conferences, the value of IOPADS is in gathering interested
researchers from all these areas of computer science, encouraging
cross-disciplinary interaction.

  IOPADS '96 was held in conjunction with the FCRC group of
conferences and was a huge success. IOPADS '97 will be co-located
with SC97 (the 1997 entry in the former "Supercomputing 'XY" series).

  We expect that ACM Press will again publish the IOPADS proceedings,
which will be provided to all registrants and will be available for
sale at SC97 and afterwards.

  We invite you to submit papers that focus on storage-related I/O in
high-performance parallel and distributed systems, in the context of
parallel or distributed applications.  Suggested topics include:

    * Experimental characterization of I/O demand
    * Design and implementation of I/O-intensive applications
    * Real-time and multimedia I/O
    * Theory and implementation of parallel-I/O algorithms
    * Interconnect issues, e.g., network-attached storage devices
    * Devices, including disk arrays and tape robots
    * Language and compiler support
    * Run-time libraries
    * Database systems
    * File systems

  Papers submitted to IOPADS must be unpublished and must not be
submitted for publication elsewhere.  The manuscript should be at most
twelve pages long (including figures, tables, and excluding
references), single- or double-spaced, using an 11-point font.
Electronic submission (of PostScript) is required (details will be
posted; check the web page).  All submissions must arrive by 6
P.M. Eastern Time on March 25, 1997.  Decisions will be announced by
June 1, 1997.

                General Chairs                             Program Chair
-------------------------------------------------     -----------------------
Thomas H. Cormen          Alok Choudhary              David Kotz
Department of             Department of               Department of
  Computer Science         Elec. and Computer Eng.     Computer Science
Dartmouth College         Northwestern University     Dartmouth College
6211 Sudikoff Lab         2145 Sheridan Road          6211 Sudikoff Lab
Hanover, NH  03755-3510   Evanston, IL  60208-3118    Hanover, NH  03755-3510
(603) 646-2417            (847) 467-4129              (603) 646-1439
[email-masked]      [email-masked]        [email-masked]

                           Program Committee
                           -----------------
                      Rajesh Bordawekar  (Caltech)
                    Garth Gibson  (Carnegie Mellon)
                Leana Golubchik  (Columbia University)
                        Jim Gray  (Microsoft)
                  Phil Hatcher  (Univ. New Hampshire)
                    David Kotz  (Dartmouth College)
                   Orran Krieger  (IBM T.J. Watson)
                       Jai Menon  (IBM Almaden)
                    David Nagle  (Carnegie Mellon)
                      Bill Nitzberg  (NASA Ames)
                    Sivan Toledo  (IBM T.J. Watson)
                   Darren Vengroff  (Univ. Delaware)
                   Jeffrey Vitter  (Duke University)
              Marianne Winslett  (Univ. Illinois Urbana)

Publicity Chair: Rajeev Thakur, Argonne National Laboratory

For updates and more information, see http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/iopads

For general inquiries, send e-mail to [email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------