Subject: hpff: Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90

From: Michael Metcalf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:38:35 +0200 (METDST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A message from the authors of Numerical Recipes:

Our new book, "Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90: The Art of Parallel
Scientific Computing" and our new "Numerical Recipes Code CDROM" are
both out and available now from Cambridge University Press.  We've put
a lot of effort into these, and we hope you like them!  Here are brief
descriptions:

"Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90: The Art of Parallel Scientific
Computing", Volume 2 of Fortran Numerical Recipes.  This new volume,
intended for use with the existing book (now renamed Numerical Recipes
in Fortran 77), reworks all the Numerical Recipes routines to use
Fortran 90's concise parallel language constructions.  Even on single
processor machines, you get the benefit of a slick, modern version of
Fortran, and new conciseness and clarity in the code.  There are also
three new chapters on Fortran 90 language features and parallel
programming methods, and an introduction by Michael Metcalf.  More
information on the book is available at
http://nr.harvard.edu/nr/nrf90_blurb.html .

Our downloadable Fortran code now includes all the Fortran 90 code
from "Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90" -- as well as all the
traditional Fortran 77 code.  This can be downloaded (purchased) from
the Numerical Recipes On-Line Store at http://nr.harvard.edu/nr/store .
(Free upgrades for previous purchasers of all downloaded Fortran
versions will be available at a later date.)

Numerical Recipes Code CDROM.  *All* the Numerical Recipes
code in *all* the available languages: C, Fortran 77, Fortran 90,
Pascal, BASIC, and more.  Comes with a single-screen license for any
PC, Macintosh, or (for ISBN 57607-5) UNIX computer.  Also includes
many megabytes of extra source code material in thousands of carefully
indexed program files, both public domain and copyrighted (by kind
permission of the respective owners).  HTML files let you navigate
the CDROM with your favorite Web browser.  Our intrepid hunters have
scoured the globe, and we think you'll like what they've found.
A must for programmers in any language!  More information about
the contents of the CDROM is at http://nr.harvard.edu/nr/cdrom_blurb.html .

The book or CDROM can be ordered directly from Cambridge University
Press by email to [email-masked] (outside of North America) or
[email-masked] (North America), or through the Numerical Recipes
Web pages at http://www.nr.com .  Here are the ISBN numbers and
list prices:

Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90.  ISBN 0-521-57439-0
   $44.95 (U.S.) or (U.K. pounds) 29.95
Numerical Recipes Code CDROM for Win/DOS/Mac.  ISBN 0-521-57608-3
   $89.95 (U.S.) or (U.K. pounds) 59.95
Numerical Recipes Code CDROM for UNIX (includes additional UNIX
   installation files).  ISBN 0-521-57607-5
   $149.95 (U.S.) or (U.K. pounds) 99.95

William Press
Saul Teukolsky
William Vetterling
Brian Flannery
21 August 1996

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------