Subject: hpff: Ptools DAQV Reference Implementation for pghpf

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 12:33:15 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the DAQV project essentially visualizes HPF array distributions, I
thought this might be of interest to the HPF community...

>Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 16:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Steven Hackstadt <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: Steven Hackstadt <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Ptools DAQV Reference Implementation for pghpf
>X-Url: http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~hacks/
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Precedence: bulk
>
>
>We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first
>publicly-available reference implementation for the Ptools Distributed
>Array Query and Visualization (DAQV) project.
>
>It can be found at http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~hacks/research/daqv/.
>
>The first reference implementation works with PGI's pghpf HPF compiler on
>SGI Power Challenge/Onyx machines, SGI workstations, and Solaris
>workstations. This reference implementation has also been successfully
>ported to pghpf on the IBM SP-2 by collaborators at Cornell Theory Center.
>The SP-2 implementation will also soon be available.  Work is also
>underway to port DAQV to a second HPF compiler platform, IBM's xlhpf.
>Collectively, these separate implementations will eventually make up a
>final reference implementation of DAQV, hopefully available in Fall 1996.
>
>For those of you that do not know about the DAQV project, I have attached
>a quick abstract after my signature.  The DAQV web site at the URL given
>above also contains several pieces of documentation that describe various
>aspects of the project, including its design and implementation.
>
>Thank you,
>Steve Hackstadt, [email-masked]
>Allen Malony, [email-masked]
>
>[For those of you that received this message multiple times, I apologize.]
>______________________________________________________________________
>Steven Hackstadt                      http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~hacks
>Computer & Information Science                    [email-masked]
>1202 University of Oregon       (tel) 541.346.1373, (fax) 541.346.5373
>Eugene, OR 97403-1202                                      Office 207B
>******* Stop Internet Censorship ** Protect Free Speech Online *******
>*** http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html ** http://www.cdt.org/ciec/ ***
>
>==== BEGIN ====
>
>Abstract of DAQV
>----------------
>
>Distributed Array Query and Visualization (DAQV) system for High
>Performance Fortran, a project sponsored by the Parallel Tools Consortium.
>
>DAQV's implementation leverages the HPF language, compiler, and runtime
>system to address the general problem of providing high-level access to
>distributed data structures. DAQV supports a framework in which
>visualization and analysis clients connect to a distributed array server
>(i.e., the HPF application with DAQV control) for program-level access to
>array values.  Implementing key components of DAQV in HPF itself has led
>to a robust and portable solution in which clients do not need to know how
>the data is distributed.
>
>==== END ====

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------