Subject: hpff: New HPF Courseware

From: Philippe Destree <[email-masked]> (by way of [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel))
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 12:32:38 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New HPF Courses
+++++++++++++++

The Computing Services Department of the  University of Liverpool has
just finished updating their HPF Courses.  These courses have been
funded by JISC New Technologies Initiative and are available for
downloading from URL:

        http://www.liv.ac.uk/HPC/HPFpage.html

The previous incarnation of these courses received good reports - any
feedback on the improved versions is strongly welcomed.

The following text is taken from the above web page:

--

There are two main Courses lasting 3 and 5 days and a shorter Seminar.
The courses comprise OHP Slides, Course Notes, Student Exercises and
Lecturers Guide.  There is also a set of OHPs for a 40 minute Seminar
explaining the conversion Fortran 77 codes into HPF.

        The 5 Day Course is a complete guide to to Fortran 90 / HPF. This
        course is for programmers who are familliar with a high level
        language such as C or Pascal.

        The 3 Day Course is designed for the those with programming
        experience in Fortran 90 and who whish to learn the basics
        of HPF. Each day is divided into two 3 hour sessions:
        1 hour lecture, 2 hours practical. The course therefore is
        divided into 6 x 1 hour sessions: Data Parallelism (Introduction),
        Alignment and Distribution, Forall and Prallel Loops, Procedures,
        Extrinsic Procedures and Vectorisation and The HPF Library and
        HPF in the Future.

        The HPF Seminar will give a good introduction to HPF Programminmg.

        The Fortran 77 to HPF Conversion Seminar is designed for the those
        who whish to convert old Fortran 77 into a format suitable for
        submission to an HPF system. The slides explain some simple
        conversion productions and give simplistic examples as
        illustrations.

--

These courses may be used for non-commercial gain.

--
     Dr AC Marshall                             | Cheese of the Week:
     CSD, University of Liverpool. L69 3BX      |    St Paulin.
     Tel: +44-151-794 3722 (Fax: 3759)          |       Mmmmm, St Paulin.

                   http://www.liv.ac.uk/HPC/HPCpage.html
                   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~adamm/HomePage.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------