Subject: hpff: Second CFP: Workshop on I/O in Parallel and Distributed Systems

From: [email-masked] (David Kotz)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 17:18:33 -0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                      Fourth Annual Workshop on
               I/O in Parallel and Distributed Systems
                               (IOPADS)

                       in conjunction with the
           ACM 1996 Federated Computing Research Conference
                           May 27-28, 1996
                           Philadelphia, PA

                           Co-sponsored by:
                              ACM SIGACT
                             ACM SIGARCH
                             ACM  SIGOPS
                              IEEE TCOS

                         In cooperation with:
                            ACM SIGMETRICS

  In 1996, its fourth year, IOPADS graduates from an informal workshop
held in conjunction with IPPS, to a format more like a symposium to be
co-located with many others at FCRC '96.  The thrust of IOPADS has
always been to bring together researchers in all aspects of parallel
I/O, which we broadly place into five categories: architecture,
algorithms, applications, file and operating systems, and compilers
and runtime systems.  It is our opinion that the problems of parallel
I/O are most effectively addressed by investigating all these areas
rather than working in each area in isolation.  Although I/O-related
papers appear in many other conferences, the value of IOPADS is in
gathering interested researchers from all these areas of computer
science, encouraging cross-disciplinary interaction, rather than
working in each area in isolation.

  Through ACM Press, IOPADS will publish a formal proceedings, which
will be provided to all registrants and will be available for sale at
FCRC and afterwards.

  Papers are invited on related topics, including but not limited to
    * Experimental characterization of I/O demand
    * Design and implementation of I/O-intensive applications
    * Real-time and multimedia I/O
    * Parallel I/O issues in database systems
    * Theory and implementation of parallel I/O algorithms
    * I/O-subsystem architecture        
    * Empirical evaluation of parallel I/O subsystems
    * Language and compiler support for parallel I/O     
    * Operating-system support for parallel I/O         
    * Concurrent and parallel file systems

  Papers submitted to IOPADS must be unpublished and must not
submitted for publication elsewhere.  All papers will be reviewed by a
blind referee process, with decisions made by the Program Committee as
a whole.  The first page, which will be withheld from reviewers, must
include only the title, names of all authors, and the telephone number
and electronic mail address of the contact author.  The text of the
paper, including the title and abstract (but no author information)
should start on the second page.  The manuscript should be at most 20
8.5 x 11 or A4 pages long (including figures, tables, and references
but excluding the page withheld from reviewers), typeset with a
10-point font on 20-point spacing, i.e., double spaced.  Electronic
submission (of PostScript) is strongly encouraged (details available
on the Web page below, or contact the Program Chair).  For hard-copy
submission, send 7 copies of the paper (preferably double-sided) to
the Program Chair.  All submissions, electronic or hard copy, must
arrive by 6 P.M. Eastern Time on October 17, 1995.  Decisions will be
announced by December 22, 1995.

                            General Chairs

David Kotz                Thomas H. Cormen          Ravi Jain
Department of             Department of             Bellcore
  Computer Science          Computer Science        445 South Street
Dartmouth College         Dartmouth College         Morristown, NJ 07962
Hanover, NH  03755-3510   Hanover, NH  03755-3510   (201) 829-4756
(603) 646-1439            (603) 646-2417            [email-masked]
[email-masked]      [email-masked]

                          Program Chair
                          Alok Choudhary
                          ECE Dept., 121 Link Hall
                          Syracuse University
                          Syracuse, NY 13244
                          (315) 443-4280
                          [email-masked]

                          Program Committee

               Sandra Johnson Baylor, IBM T. J. Watson
                 Alok Choudhary, Syracuse University
                    Tom Cormen, Dartmouth College
                      Denise Ecklund, Intel SSD
               Garth Gibson, Carnegie Mellon University
                   Charles Koelbel, Rice University
                    David Kotz, Dartmouth College
        Ethan Miller, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
                         Richard Muntz, UCLA
         Dan Reed, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
                   Jeffrey Vitter, Duke University
              John Wilkes, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
              David Womble, Sandia National Laboratories

For updates and more information, see http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/iopads/.

For general inquiries, send electronic mail to [email-masked].
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------