Subject: hpff: HPFF Mailing list changes

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 13:53:32 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executive Summary:
The HPFF mailing lists have finally been moved over to administration by
Majordomo.  This will have two effects on list members:
        The instructions for adding/deleting yourself have changed slightly
        We hope this will filter out the "unsubscribe me" messages
The change requires no action on your part.

The names and topics of the lists have also been rationalized.  Again, you
don't have to do anything unless you want to add/delete yourself from one
of the new lists.

The Details:

The new HPFF mailing lists are as follows -

hpff            Main HPFF list, including meeting minutes
hpff-core       "Core" list, for attendees at the meetings
hpff-interpret  Questions and answers about interpretation
                of the HPF specification
hpff-distribute Discussions of advanced data mapping
                (e.g. irregular distributions) for HPF 2.0
hpff-task       Discussions of control and task parallelism
                (e.g. ON clauses) for HPF 2.0
hpff-external   Discussions of external interfaces
                (e.g. linking with C++) for HPF 2.0

This message is being sent to [email-masked]; if you receive it, then you
are probably on that list.  (The alternative is that someone or something
is forwarding the message.)  Shorter messages will be going out to the
other lists in a few minutes.  This should help you figure out which lists
you are already on.

All the lists are unmoderated and open for anyone to subscribe (see below).
In particular, we welcome short announcements on [email-masked] about
new compilers, programming tools, research projects, conferences, and
tutorials relevant to HPF.  Please try to keep such messages under 50
lines, however - for example, include the URL for an announcement rather
than the entire text file.

>From now on, the correct procedure for adding yourself to the hpff-xxx list
is to send mail to [email-masked].  In the body (*not the
Subject:, as before*) of the message, put the line

subscribe <your-mail-address>

<your-mail-address> is optional; it defaults to the message sender.  You
should probably only include it if people often have difficulty replying to
your e-mail directly.

Similarly, to remove yourself from the hpff-xxx list, you should send mail
to [email-masked] with the line

unsubscribe <your-mail-address>

in the body.  <your-mail-address> is again optional; it is useful here if
your mail address has changed since you joined the list.

There are other tricks you can do with Majordomo lists; send mail to
[email-masked] with "help" in the body for a list of commands.

Archives of all mail to the HPFF lists will be available soon.  We've just
got to decide which disk they're going to be stored on, how often to update
them, etc.  They will be available though the HPFF home page
(http://www.erc.msstate.edu/hpff/home.html) as soon as that is worked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].  Leave
the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------