Subject: hpff-task: technical report about HPF design issues

From: Fabien COELHO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 96 17:37:16 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for discussion of control-parallel
features in HPF.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

The following report summarizes and discusses some ideas I sent on the HPF
mailing lists in the last months:

    "HPF Design Issues" by Fabien Coelho.
    Report EMP CRI A-284, February 1996.
    9 pages, 15 references.

                             Abstract

As High Performance Fortran (HPF) is being both developed and redesigned
by the HPF Forum, it is important to provide comprehensive criteria for
analyzing HPF features. This paper presents such criteria related to
three aspects: adequacy to applications, aesthetic and soundness in a
language, and implementability. Some features already in HPF or being
currently discussed are analyzed according to these criteria. They are
shown as not balanced. Thus new or improved features are suggested to
solve the outlined deficiencies: namely a scope provider, multiple
mapping declarations and simpler remappings.

http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho/bibliography.html
http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho/doc/A-284.ps.gz
http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho/doc/A-284.ps

Fabien.
--
Fabien COELHO __ http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho __ [email-masked]
  CRI, ENSMP, 35, rue Saint Honoré, 77305 Fontainebleau Cedex, France
     phone: 33 1 64 69 {voice: 48 52, fax: 47 09, standard: 47 08}
       ________  All opinions expressed here are mine  ________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------