Subject: hpff-interpret: Forwarded questions on the HPF_LOCAL_LIBRARY]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 96 00:14:38 EDT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A colleague of mine is looking at HPF_LOCAL_LIBRARY routine, and raised
the following questions about two of the routines:

a) What should PHYSICAL_TO_ABSTRACT do if the PROC argument describes a
processor that is not in the processor grid?  (It may still be a legal
processor number if the processor grid spans only a subset of all
processors.)

b) What should LOCAL_TO_GLOBAL return if it is called on a processor that
does not have any subgrid elements of the global array in question?

c) Also, is this processor grid that of the array or of the template to
which it is ultimately aligned?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------