From: Rob Schreiber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:58:12 -0700

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should the results LB and UB of HPF_ALIGNMENT be one-based?

Note that the declared lower bounds of a template are accessible from
HPF_TEMPLATE(LB = x, UB = y)

Thus, a user can convert from one-based to LB based with no difficulty.

The previous standard was, well, ambiguous?

Rob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 09:30:48 EDT

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:58:12 -0700
   From: Rob Schreiber <[email-masked]>

   Rob

My reading of this has been that HPF_ALIGNMENT, which "returns information 
from the variable's point of view" (as opposed to HPF_TEMPLATE, taking the
template's point of view and declared subscripts) should return one-based
values for the LB and UB arguments: 

	"the first element of the ith axis of ALIGNEE is ultimately aligned
	to the LB(i)th align-target element along the axis of the align-target
	associated with the ith axis of ALIGNEE."

I.e., where LB returns "1", the beginning of the alignee axis is aligned
with the beginning of the target axis, regardless of actual subscripts.

Carol