Subject: hpff-interpret: New HPF Courseware

From: "Dr A.C. Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 18:23:37 +0100 (BST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New HPF Courses
+++++++++++++++

The Computing Services Department of the  University of Liverpool has 
just finished updating their HPF Courses.  These courses have been 
funded by JISC New Technologies Initiative and are available for 
downloading from URL:

	http://www.liv.ac.uk/HPC/HPFpage.html

The previous incarnation of these courses received good reports - any
feedback on the improved versions is strongly welcomed.

The following text is taken from the above web page:

--

There are two main Courses lasting 3 and 5 days and a shorter Seminar. 
The courses comprise OHP Slides, Course Notes, Student Exercises and 
Lecturers Guide.  There is also a set of OHPs for a 40 minute Seminar 
explaining the conversion Fortran 77 codes into HPF. 

      	The 5 Day Course is a complete guide to to Fortran 90 / HPF. This
	course is for programmers who are familliar with a high level 
	language such as C or Pascal.

      	The 3 Day Course is designed for the those with programming
	experience in Fortran 90 and who whish to learn the basics 
	of HPF. Each day is divided into two 3 hour sessions: 
	1 hour lecture, 2 hours practical. The course therefore is 
	divided into 6 x 1 hour sessions: Data Parallelism (Introduction), 
	Alignment and Distribution, Forall and Prallel Loops, Procedures, 
	Extrinsic Procedures and Vectorisation and The HPF Library and 
	HPF in the Future.

      	The HPF Seminar will give a good introduction to HPF Programminmg.

      	The Fortran 77 to HPF Conversion Seminar is designed for the those
	who whish to convert old Fortran 77 into a format suitable for 
	submission to an HPF system. The slides explain some simple 
	conversion productions and give simplistic examples as
      	illustrations.

--

These courses may be used for non-commercial gain. 

-- 
     Dr AC Marshall                             | Cheese of the Week: 
     CSD, University of Liverpool. L69 3BX      |    St Paulin.
     Tel: +44-151-794 3722 (Fax: 3759)          |       Mmmmm, St Paulin. 

                   http://www.liv.ac.uk/HPC/HPCpage.html      
                   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~adamm/HomePage.html 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------