Subject: hpff-interpret: Global name HPF_LIBRARY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 23:21:48 +0200 (CES)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

HPF v1.1, section 5, [91:18+] says
  "HPF defines a library module, HPF_LIBRARY, 
   that must be provided by vendors of any full HPF implementation."

Fortran 90, sections 14.1.1, say that 
  "Program units ... are global entities of an executable program.
   A name that identifies a global entity must not be used to identify
   any other global entity in the same executable program."
Modules are program units (Fortran 90, section 2.2).

Question 1:
Is it valid full-HPF to use the name HPF_LIBRARY as a global name in an
HPF program (other than in a USE stmt), e.g. as the name of an external
procedure or even a user-defined module?

Question 2:
If the answer to 1 is YES and the program contains a <module> with
name HPF_LIBRARY: to which module is a USE HPF_LIBRARY statement 
resolved - the user module or the "intrinsic" module?

Thanks,
Michael

 ======================================================================
  Michael Hennecke      http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Michael.Hennecke/ 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  University of Karlsruhe         RFC822: [email-masked] 
  Computing Center (G20.21 R210)           BITNET: [email-masked] 
  Zirkel 2  *  P.O. Box 69 80                 Phone: +49 721  608-4862 
  D-76128  Karlsruhe                               Fax: +49 721  32550 
 ======================================================================
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------