Subject: hpff-interpret: More on CCI #57

From: [email-masked] (Carl Offner)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:56:02 -0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning CCI #57:

After thinking about this matter some more, I am withdrawing whatever
remaining objections I had to the suggestion that was made.  (I had
originally felt that allowing HPF_LOCAL subprograms to take anything
other than assumed-shape arguments in any circumstance would be
fighting the spirit of what an HPF_LOCAL is.  However, the more I
think about this, the less certain I am on this point.)

Therefore, I would support the following interpretation:

An array dummy argument of an HPF_LOCAL subprogram does not have to be
assumed-shape if the subprogram is only called from other HPF_LOCAL
subprograms.

Perhaps this could be said more generally:  the restrictions on
calling an HPF_LOCAL subprogram apply only to HPF_LOCAL subprograms
called from HPF.

			--Carl Offner
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------