Subject: hpff-interpret: Subject: Re: clarification for EXTRINSIC(HPF_LOCAL)

From: [email-masked] (Carl Offner)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:48:34 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no constraint stopping an HPF_LOCAL routine from calling
a Fortran 77 routine, as far as I know.  In fact, a standard way
of calling such routines would be, as you suggest, to use the HPF_LOCAL
routine as a wrapper to set up the argument passing for the Fortran 77
or Fortran 90 routine it then calls.  Such a routine could be
declared, for example, as EXTRINSIC(F90_LOCAL).  (You have to declare
it as *something*; otherwise the default is that it is also considered
to be HPF_LOCAL.)

Clearly there are some issues here that could be re-examined; but what
is there now is certainly workable.

		--Carl Offner
		[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------