Subject: hpff-interpret: INDEPENDENT

From: Jens Helmers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 10:56:48 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a legal use of INDEPENDENT & NEW ???

REAL x, y(n)

!HPF$ INDEPENDENT, NEW(i)
DO i = 1, n
   x = x + y(i)            ! Clumsy way to calculate: x=SUM(y)
END DO

Jens Helmers,
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------