Subject: hpff-interpret: simple HPF_TEMPLATE clarification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 12:56:12 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I'm looking at "High Performance Fortran Language Specification", May 3, 1993
Version 1.0.

Under the description of HPF_TEMPLATE, is the following wording:

... HPF_TEMPLATE returns information concerning the variable from the template's
point of view (assuming the alignment is to a template rather than an array) ...

My understanding of this routine is that it can give information about any
ALIGNEE, even those not ultimately aligned to an !HPF$ TEMPLATE.  Rather, I
interpret this to reference to be to the more general definition of template,
"an index space".  Can you tell me if this is correct?  If so, it might be
helpful to disambiguate the above sentence . . .

Thanks,
Clint
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------