Subject: hpff-interpret: array assignment in forall

From: Paul Dechering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:21:59 +0100 (MET)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I tried to figure out whether I may use array bounds in a forall
assignment that are defined by the index variable. For example, is the
forall in the following program fragment valid

	integer a (10, 2)
	integer b (11)

	forall (i:10) a (i, 1:2) = b (i:i+1)

I haven't found any constraints that forbid this construct, but I'm not 
sure this garantuees that it is allowed.

Can you tell me whether this use of the forall statement is valid or not; 
and/or can you tell me where I can find the answer to my question?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Paul Dechering
        ---------------------------------------------------------
       | telephone: +3115 2782419                                |
       | telefax  : +3115 2786740                                |
       | E-mail   : [email-masked]             |
       | WWW page : http://www.cp.tn.tudelft.nl/P.F.G.Dechering/ |
        ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Carol Munroe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 96 10:08:08 EST

Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:21:59 +0100 (MET)
   From: Paul Dechering <[email-masked]>

   Hello,

	   integer a (10, 2)
	   integer b (11)

This is absolutely OK (assuming the typo is fixed). Typically the
forall indices are used on the right hand side of the assignment
as well as the left.

	   forall (i=1:10)  a (i, 1:2) = b (i:i+1)
                    **

   Paul Dechering