From: Rob Schreiber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 10:11:54 -0800

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry,

Good question about lbound and ubound for dummies
of extrinsic local routines!    I favor iterpretation (a)

            -------------------------------------
           | dummy(1:2, 1:2)  |  dummy(1:2, 1:0) |
a)          -------------------------------------
           | dummy(1:0, 1:2)  |  dummy(1:0, 1:0) |
            -------------------------------------

All HPF distributions onto multidimensional processors arrangements are
cartesian products of one-dimensional distributions; this interpretation
is consistent with that rule.

Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------