Subject: hpff-interpret: Storage and sequence association

From: <[email-masked]> (Henry Zongaro)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:23:13 -0500 (EST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

     Consider the following program:

          program p
    !hpf$   sequence
            common /com/ a(10), b(10)
    !hpf$   nosequence /com/, b
          end program p

According to section 7.1.4 of the HPF Language Spec., "a sequence directive
with an empty association-name-list is treated as if it contained all
implicitly mapped variables. . .  which cannot otherwise be determined to be
sequential or nonsequential by their language context."

     Should the fact that "a" appears in a nonsequential common block be
sufficient to cause it to be passed over by the rule quoted above, which would
mean that "a" would be nonsequential?  Or, is it the case that since a
nonsequential common block can contain both sequential and nonsequential data,
the variable "a" cannot be determined to be sequential or nonsequential by its
context in this example, and so it should be sequential because of the sequence
directive?

     Any opinions?

Thanks,

Henry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------