Subject: hpff-interpret: NEW-clause

From: <[email-masked]> (Henry Zongaro)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:21:23 -2900 (EST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for corrections,
clarifications, and interpretations related to High Performance Fortran.
Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the
bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

     One of my coworkers has the following question:

     May the index variable of a DO-loop appear in the NEW clause of an
INDEPENDENT directive on that DO?  For example,

         !HPF$ INDEPENDENT, NEW(I)
               DO I = 1, 10
               END DO

If so, what does it mean?  Does it simply mean that the programmer is
guaranteeing that the value of I is not used after the DO-loop?

Thanks,

Henry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to
[email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------