Subject: hpff-external: Kernel HPF changes

From: Andy Meltzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:25:15 -0500 (CDT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for discussion of external
interfaces between HPF and other languages/systems.  Instructions for
adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the bottom of this
message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included in this mail message are the major changes to the HPF Kernel that
I have made.  None are substantive and they mostly fix things that
were not well spelled out or requested to be changed.  I have not
included changes that were voted in at the last meeting.

The PROCESSORS directive
------------------------

The PROCESSORS  directive is part of Kernel HPF without change,
but with the following restrictions:

    - the product of the extents must exactly match the number of
      processors in the partition or the processor arrangement must be scalar.

    - the rank of the array mapped onto a processor arrangement must be
      identical to the rank of the processor arrangement or the processor
      arrangement must be scalar

    - item Only one processor arrangement is allowed for each rank.

POINTERS
--------

A pointer type may be mapped, but a pointer to a mapped object must
point to the entire object.

Subroutine Interfaces
---------------------

This section has not changed in meaning, but I have adopted Carl Offner's
new proposed description.

An explicit interface is required in the following case:

The mapping of a dummy argument is not the same as the mapping of
the corresponding actual argument, and at least one of the following
two conditions is true:

							Andy Meltzer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------