Subject: hpff-external: Addressing mixed case external routine names

From: Harvey Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 09:45:06 BST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for discussion of external
interfaces between HPF and other languages/systems.  Instructions for
adding or deleting yourself from this list appear at the bottom of this
message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to propose an extension to the syntax of the extrinsic
interface definition to address the significant case issue.

An example being

   interface
     extrinsic(ANSI_C) subroutine update(widget) name("XmUpdateDisplay")
     ...

The NAME clause defines the (case significant) external routine name.
This routine is accessed from Fortran by the subroutine name - "update"
in this example.  The quotes are there so that we don't have to 
extend case significance in Fortran.

Harvey Richardson
Customer Support Group
Thinking Machines Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------