Subject: hpff-doc: overview.tex, Comments on HPF Changes subsection

From: Carol Munroe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 96 00:06:24 EDT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few suggestions or corrections relating to the
former file changes-app.tex, now included in overview.tex:

page 11, line 6:
   \item[Elimination of the HPF Subset:] The description in HPF 1.1 of Full HPF
   and Subset HPF has not been retained, although the original HPF~1.1 Subset 
   is documented in an annex. 

It might be clearer to say that "The distinction in HPF 1.1 between Full
HPF and Subset HPF has not been retained, although..." or, more explicitly,
that "Unlike HPF 1.1, HPF 2.0 no longer has a recommeded minimal subset for
faster implementation, although ...".

page 11, lines 17-21:

   \item[Recognized Externally-Supported Extrinsics:] Finally, the document
   acknowledges a category HPF-related Extrinsic interfaces that are 
.................category of HPF-related Extrinsic Interfaces..........
                       ***             (both words in caps. or neither)
   recognized as meeting appropriate standards for such interfaces, but are
   not included as Approved Extensions. Responsibility for the content each
..............................................................content of each
   such interface would be assumed by the organization proposing it rather 
..................is [or 'will be'] assumed .....................it, rather
   than by the HPF Forum. 

page 11, lines 25,34,45;
page 12, lines 1,9;
page 13, line 1:

   \subsubsection{Features Now in Standard Fortran} (etc.)
   \subsubsection{Features Removed or Restricted in HPF 2.0}
   \subsubsection{Features Moved to Approved Extensions}
   \subsubsection{New Features of HPF 2.0}
   \subsubsection{New Approved Extensions}
   \subsubsection{Recognized Externally-Supported HPF Extrinsics}

The six subsubsections above should be just subsections.

page 13, line 11:

   \item The Fortran 77 Local Library: defining library support for Fortran 77.
I'd say,
\item The Fortran 77 Local Library: defining library support for calling
Fortran 77 procedures in local mode.

page 14, line 18:

   specification-directive  \IS   processors-directive
			  \OR   align-directive
			  \OR   distribute-directive
			  \OR   dynamic-directive
[Omit previous line (dynamic-directive)]

page 14, lines 23-24
   executable-directive   \IS   realign-directive
			  \OR   redistribute-directive
[As above, omit realign and
redistribute here]
			  \OR   independent-directive

i.e., it should be just
   executable-directive   \IS   independent-directive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------