Subject: hpff-doc: comments on mapping at procedure interface

From: Rob Schreiber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:40:44 -0700

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

p. 74.   The \geq symbol is introduced here but not used later, so I would
not bother with it.

p. 76, under Explicit Interfaces, point 3 (b), both
  i) mapping of actual is a specialization of mapping of dummy, and
 ii) explicit dist-onto clause of both (ult. align target of) actual and dummy
use procs arrangements of the same shape.

I  think that 3(b)(ii) is implied by 3(b)(i) so it is redundant to require that
it also be true.

p. 78, section 4.7.  I think that points 2(a) and 2(b) would be clearer
if presented in the opposite order.

p. 79, Section 4.7.1

On page 38, line 32 it states that a pointer cannot be explicitly mapped, and
that a pointer may be associated only with a target that is not explicitly
mapped.    These rules are violated in the example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------