Subject: hpff-doc: intrinsics.tex

From: Piyush Mehrotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:10:02 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 113: Lines 11-17, Page 115 Lines 27-33, Page 117 Lines 15-22:
All references to aggregate cover in alignee and distributee have to be deleted.

Delete the following lines:

        If it is a member of an aggregate variable group, then it must be an
        aggregate cover of the group.  (See Section~\ref{sequence} for the
        definitions of ``aggregate variable group'' and ``aggregate cover.'')

Also Page 113, 115 and 117, the next para on the distributee or alignee
should be deleted since HPF 2.0 does not permit pointers to be distributed.

Delete the following para:

        If {\tt ALIGNEE|DISTRIBUTEE} is a pointer, information about the
        alignment of its target is returned.
        The target must not be an assumed-size dummy argument
        or a section of an assumed-size dummy argument.
        If the target is (a section of) a member of an aggregate variable
        group, then the member must be an aggregate cover of the group.
        The target must not be a structure component, but the pointer
        may be.

	- Piyush

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------