Subject: hpff-doc: Comments on Interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 96 11:40:48 -0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to drop completely any discussion of MAP_TO in 
chapter 6.  You might want to consider using some of what was
in my last draft, see below.

===========================================================

\subsection{Dummy Arguments}

\BNF

map-to                  \IS MAP_TO ( map-to-kind-arg-spec-list )

map-to-kind-arg-spec    \IS map-to-type

			\OR map-to-layout

			\OR map-to-pass-by

map-to-type             \IS [ TYPE = ] char-initialization-expr

map-to-layout           \IS [ LAYOUT = ] char-initialization-expr

map-to-pass-by          \IS [ PASS_BY = ] char-initialization-expr

\FNB

\begin{constraints}

\item The definition of {\em characteristics of a dummy data object} as
given in Section 12.2.1.1 of the May 1995 draft Fortran 95 standard is
extended to include the dummy data object's data mapping (alignment and
distribution) and its map to characteristics.

\item The rules for {\it map-to-kind-arg-spec-list} are as if {\tt
MAP_TO} were a procedure with an explicit interface with a {\it
dummy-arg-list} of {\tt TYPE, LAYOUT, PASS_BY}, each of which were {\tt
OPTIONAL}. Note that, in an {\it map-to-kind-arg-spec-list},  at least
one of {\it map-to-type}, {\it map-to-layout}, or {\it map-to-pass-by}
must occur.

\item In {\it map-to-type}, values of {\it char-initialization-expr}
are intended to describe how the data type of the named actual argument
is mapped to the data type of the dummy argument in the extrinsic
procedure. An example is given in Chapter ??.

\item In {\it map-to-layout}, values of {\it char-initialization-expr}
are intended to describe how the data layout of the named actual
argument is mapped to the data layout of the dummy argument in the
extrinsic procedure. An example is given in Chapter ??.

\item In {\it map-to-pass-by}, values of {\it char-initialization-expr}
are intended to describe the mechanism used to associate the named
actual argument with the dummy argument in the extrinsic procedure. An
example is given in Chapter ??.

\end{constraints}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------