Subject: hpff-doc: Comments on Asynch I/O

From: "Wai Ming Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 96 15:16:59 EDT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have the following questions on asynchronous I/O:

1  With HPF asynchronous I/O, it is only required that an asynchronous
   data transfer statement be eventually followed by a matching WAIT
   statement.  It is possible that the data transfer and the matching
   WAIT statements are in different procedures and some of the I/O list
   items may be out of scope at the time the WAIT is executed.
   Should the matching WAIT statement be only allowed in the same procedure
   scope of the asynchronous data transfer statement?

2  Does HPF require that the ERR= label and the IOSTAT= variable
   in an asynchronous data transfer statement be the same
   as the matching WAIT statement?

I've found a minor error on page 213, advice to users:

   READ(10,ID=5,REC=10)I,A(I)

   should read:

   READ(10,ID=idnum,REC=10)I,A(I)

   Reason: Only scalar-default-int-variable is allowed for ID=.

Thanks,

Wai Ming Wong
Compiler Development
IBM Software Solutions Toronto Laboratory
[email-masked]
Tel: (416) 448-3105
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------