Subject: hpff-doc: HPF 2.0 raw text available

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel)
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 00:32:10 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for HPF 2.0 language specification
authors and editors.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself from this
list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I almost got it done the day it was supposed to be done...

The "raw text" release of HPF 2.0 is now available for downloading at

ftp://titan.cs.rice.edu/public/HPFF/hpf2.0-draft/

You can get the individual files from there, or you can get the whole ball
of wax as

ftp://titan.cs.rice.edu/public/HPFF/hpf2.0-draft/Releases/11-may-96.tar.gz

This version is guaranteed *not* to pass through LaTeX unscathed.  However,
to get a feel for the document structure, see hpf-report.tex; you should be
able to follow the \include commands easily enough.  Most of the file names
have changed from the HPF 1.x directories, in part so that I could keep
things straight while editing.  In general,
        xxx.tex is a chapter from the HPF 2.0 part
            (or is \input from some other file)
        xxx-ext.tex is a chapter from the approved extensions part
        xxx-app.tex is a chapter from the appendix part
        xxx-part.tex is a divider between parts

The debate still rages over whether to use LaTeX 2e or LaTeX 2.09.  Those
not writing text (or writing new text only) generally favor 2e, those who
would have to revise old text tend to prefer 2.09.

OK, time to pack for Chicago now...

                                                Chuck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------