Subject: hpff-core: February HPFF core group meeting

From: Theresa Chatman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:15:02 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the HPFF core group:

The next HPFF meeting will be held on February 26, 1997.  The meeting will
be held at the Eldorado Hotel, 301 W. San Francisco, Santa Fe, New Mexico.

There will not be a registration fee for this meeting.  But in order to
adequately prepare for it, we will need to know if you plan to attend, so
please RSVP to me at [email-masked] and Bob Boland at [email-masked].

To make your hotel reservations, call 505-988-4455 or 1-800-286-6728 by
January 24, 1997.   After that date, the rooms will be released to the
general public.  Be sure to refer to the HPFF meeting.

Our sleeping room rate is $86 per night for single and $108 double
occupancy.  The hotel sleeping rooms are equipped with dataport lines, so
you will be able to use your portable computers from your sleeping rooms.

For more details about the hotel and other travel arrangements, point your
Web browser to http://www.lanl.gov/HPF.

If you have handouts that you would like to have distributed at the HPFF
meeting, please send them to me by noon Central Time on Friday, February
14, 1997.  Electronic copies should be sent to [email-masked] AND
[email-masked].

The format of the meeting follows:

Wednesday, 2/26
1pm - 10pm

One U-shaped room for 20-25 people.

If you have any questions regarding the logistics for the HPFF meeting,
please let me know.  If you have any questions regarding technical issues,
please direct them to Mary Zosel ([email-masked]).

Sincerely,
Theresa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joel Williamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:24:50 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just FYI:  The El Dorado Hotel charges for one night in advance.  I made my
reservations through our travel office, which did not give me this
information.
I made the reservations at the beginning of the month and now have a charge
on my AMEX bill of $82.50 that I can't get reimbursed till the end of next
month.  I called the hotel and got it removed from my charge, but I had to
ask to speak to the "reservations manager" to accomplish this.  Both he and
the desk clerk said "this is standard practice in New Mexico."

Joel

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Boland)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:15:56 -0700

Joel, let me check into what is going on at the Eldorado.  But, I will say now
that "this is NOT (repeat NOT!!!!) standard practice in New Mexico."  You have,
by making the reservation, guaranteed staying there at least one night.  I
will determine the precise cancellation policy too.
 
Bob