Subject: hpff-core: DETAILS RE: THE DECEMBER HPFF MEETING

From: Theresa Chatman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:20:29 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,

This message is to provide you some more details regarding the December
9-11 HPFF meeting.  As stated below, it will be held at Rice University.
We will meet in the Duncan Hall building, Room 3076.

Following is the expected list of attendees:  Jay Boisseau, Bob Boland,
Alok Choudhary, Ken Kennedy, Chuck Koelbel, Tom MacDonald, Dave Loveman,
Larry Meadows, Carol Munroe, Carl Offner, Jagannathan Ramanujam, P.
Sadayappan, Rob Schreiber, Guy Steele, Joel Williamson, and Henry Zongaro.
If there are any corrections for this list, please let me know asap.

On Monday, the meeting will begin at 8:30am HPFF time.  Each morning, the
Hilton will provide transportation to Rice.   In the evenings, we will call
for pick up.  In order to take advantage of this service in the mornings,
please meet in the hotel lobby no later than 8:30am (we're only a couple of
minutes away from the hotel).

FYI, at 6:30pm on Monday night, we will have a CRPC-sponsored Texas
Barbeque.  It will be held in the main hall of Duncan Hall.

There are several methods in which to reach the Hilton, and they follow:

Intercontinental Airport
Take 59 South to Greenbriar.  Turn left on Greenbriar.  Take Greenbriar to
University.  Turn left on University.  Take University to Travis.  Turn
right on Travis.  The Hilton is at 6633 Travis.

Hobby Airport
Take Broadway to I45 North to 59 South.  Take 59 South to Greenbriar.  Turn
left on Greenbriar.  Take Greenbriar to University.  Turn left on
University.  Take University to Travis.  Turn right on Travis.  The Hilton
is at 6633 Travis.

A fairly inexpensive shuttle service is also available from both airports
(they're definitely cheaper than a taxi).  It is called Airport Express.
If you would like to make an advanced reservation, call 713-523-8888.
Please note that the shuttle stops at other hotels in route, but they can
give you an estimate on how long your trip will take.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Theresa

------------------------------------

>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 10:21:31 -0600
>To: hpff-core
>From: Theresa Chatman <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Details for the December 9-11 HPFF meeting
>Cc: tlc, butler, [email-masked], [email-masked],
>        [email-masked], [email-masked],
>        [email-masked]
>
>To the HPFF core group:
>
>The next HPFF meeting will be held on December 9-11, 1996.  The meeting
>will be held at Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77005.
>
>The registration fee for this meeting will be $100, and will be collected
>on site.  Please make your checks and POs payable to Rice University (no
>credit cards or cash, please).  In order to adequately prepare for the
>meeting, I will need to know if you plan to attend, so please RSVP to
>[email-masked].  If you are a vegetarian or have any other special needs, I
>will need to know this as well.
>
>We have a block of rooms at the Houston Plaza Hilton, 6633 Travis, Houston,
>TX, 77030.  To make your hotel reservations, call 713-313-4000 no later
>than November, 18,1996 (the fax number is 713-313-4650).   After that date,
>the rooms will be released to the general public.  Be sure to refer to the
>HPFF meeting.
>
>Our sleeping room rate is $75 per night for single occupancy and $85 per
>night for double occupancy.  The hotel sleeping rooms are equipped with
>dataport lines, so you will be able to use your portable computers from
>your sleeping rooms.
>
>The Hilton is two blocks from Rice University, and they offer complimentary
>shuttle service to and from Rice.  There is a shuttle service, Airport
>Express, that travels between the airports and area hotels.  The cost is
>$11.50 one-way between the hotel and Hobby Airport, and $16.75 one-way
>between the hotel and Intercontinental Airport.  Resevations are not
>necessary (they are located in the baggage claim area at the airports), but
>they can be reached at 713-523-8888.  You should allow a little extra
>travel time if you choose to use this service--the reservationist can give
>you an estimate on travel time.
>
>If you have handouts that you would like to have distributed at the HPFF
>meeting, please send them to me by noon Central Time on Thursday, December
>5, 1996.  Electronic copies should be sent to [email-masked] AND
>[email-masked].
>
>For the people who will be supported by the CRPC:  when you make your hotel
>reservations, please present them with a credit card number in order to
>cover your incidentals.  The CRPC will be directly billed for your sleeping
>room charges.
>
>The format of the meeting follows:
>
>Monday, 12/9
>
>9am - 10pm
>
>One U-shaped room for 25 people.
>Two breakout rooms conference style for 10-15 people each.
>
>Continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch will be provided.  Dinner is at
>your own expense.
>
>Tuesday, 12/10
>
>9am - 10pm
>
>One U-shaped room for 25 people.
>Two breakout rooms conference style for 10-15 people each.
>
>Continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch will be provided.  Dinner is at
>your own expense.
>
>Wednesday, 12/11
>
>9am to noon
>
>One U-shaped room for 25 people.
>Two breakout rooms conference style for 10-15 people each.
>
>Continental breakfast and a break will be provided.
>
>If you have any questions regarding the logistics for the HPFF meeting,
>please let me know.  If you have any questions regarding technical issues,
>please direct them to Mary Zosel ([email-masked]).
>
>Also, for your information, our contact person at the Hilton is Dewayne
>Burnett.
>
>Sincerely,
>Theresa Chatman
>Manager of Outreach Programs, CRPC
>Rice University
>MS-41
>6100 South Main Street
>Houston, TX  77005
>713-285-5180 Phone
>713-285-5136 Fax
>[email-masked]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chuck Koelbel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:47:02 -0600

One last detail:

We will print off the most recent version of the language draft that we
have for the meeting.  To enable this, will the chapter editors (you know
who you are) please send copies of the file(s) they are responsible for to
me ([email-masked]) and Theresa ([email-masked]) before noon Friday.
Thank you.

						Chuck

**********************************************************************
Charles Koelbel				CITI/CRPC, MS 41
Center for Research on Parallel Computation		Rice University
Rice University				6100 Main Street
[email-masked]				Houston, TX 77005
**********************************************************************