Subject: hpff-core: Details for the March 13-15 HPFF meeting

From: [email-masked] (Theresa Chatman)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:27:10 -0600

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the HPFF core group:

The next HPFF meeting will be held on March 13-15, 1996.  The meeting will
be held at the Arlington Hilton, 2401 East Lamar Boulevard, Arlington, TX,
76006.

The registration fee for this meeting will be $100, and will be collected
on site.  Please make your checks and POs payable to Rice University (no
credit cards or cash, please).  In order to adequately prepare for the
meeting, I will need to know if you plan to attend, so please RSVP to
[email-masked].  If you are a vegetarian or have any other special needs, I
will need to know this as well.

To make your hotel reservations, call 817-640-3322 or 1-800-527-9332
by March 8, 1996 (the fax number is 817-633-1430).   After that date, the
rooms will be released to the general public.  Be sure to refer to the HPFF
meeting.

Our sleeping room rate is $94 per night for single and double occupancy.
The hotel sleeping rooms are equipped with dataport lines, so you will be
able to use your portable computers from your sleeping rooms.

The Arlington Hilton offers shuttle service to and from DFW Airport.  In
order to take advantage of this service, guests will need to call the
Hilton from their courtesy phone in the baggage claim area.  The cost of
the service is $5 each way, and payment is taken upon boarding.  This
service is available from 7am to 11pm.  The Hilton is 9 miles from the DFW
airport (average time of travel is 10-15 minutes, dependent upon traffic).

If you have handouts that you would like to have distributed at the HPFF
meeting, please send them to me by noon Central Time on Monday, March 11,
1996.  Electronic copies should be sent to [email-masked] AND
[email-masked].

For the people who will be supported by the CRPC:  when you make your hotel
reservations, please present them with a credit card number in order to
cover your incidentals.  The CRPC will be directly billed for your sleeping
room charges.

The format of the meeting follows:

Wednesday, 3/13
1pm - 10pm

Three breakout rooms conference style for 10-15 people each.

Coffee and sodas will be provided.   Dinner is at your own expense.

Thursday, 3/14

8:30am - 10pm

One U-shaped room for 30 people.
Two breakout rooms conference style for 10-15 people each.

Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.  Dinner is at your own
expense.   At check in, you will be given two coupons to use for
continental breakfast in Conrad's Restaurant.  Note - these are to be used
on Thursday and Friday mornings.  Also note that the restaurant seems to
start getting a lot of traffic at 8am, so you may want to try to get there
before that time.

Friday, 3/15

8:30am to noon

One U-shaped room for 30 people.

Continental breakfast will be provided.

If you have any questions regarding the logistics for the HPFF meeting,
please let me know.  If you have any questions regarding technical issues,
please direct them to Mary Zosel ([email-masked]).

Also, for your information, our contact person at the Arlington Hilton is
Juliann Sill.

Sincerely,
Theresa Chatman
Manager of Outreach Programs, CRPC
Rice University
MS-41
6100 South Main Street
Houston, TX  77005
713-285-5180 Phone
713-285-5136 Fax
[email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------