Subject: hpff-core: volunteers wanted

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 96 15:48:13 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said I would convert the HPF 1.1 Language Specification
into Microsoft Word, and I have done so, as near as my bleary
eyes can tell.

I am looking for volunteers for two tasks.

The first is to proofread a Postscript version of the spec,
which I will happily send you, to look for conversion errors 
and to suggest formatting improvements.

In doing the conversion, I developed a set of Word macros and
toolbars (HSDK, the HPF Specification Development Kit :-)) to
facilitate the process, and to assist in writing new material.
For example, there are toolbar buttons for each of the paragraph
and character styles I used in the conversion.  Also, there are
macros to find all instances of words in wordlists and apply 
a given character style.  This means you can type FORALL and, 
when you later run the macro, it will be put into the "embedded
code" character style, which makes it New Courier font. And, I 
spell-checked the spec and produced an HPF-specific dictionary.

The second task is to try out the current version of the HSDK 
to see whether it can be delivered and installed reasonably,
whether it is useful, and to suggest improvements. I am using
Word 6.0a on Windows for Workgroups and have not tried it on a
Mac yet (volunteers?).

The line for volunteers forms over there.... 

-David
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------