Subject: hpff-core: PLEASE READ - details for the January 9-12 HPFF meeting

From: [email-masked] (Theresa Chatman)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 11:17:41 -0600 (CST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the HPFF core group:

The next HPFF meeting will be held on January 9-12, 1996.  The meeting will
be held at the Wyndham Greenspoint Hotel, 12400 Greenspoint Drive, Houston,
TX, 77060-1998, 713-875-2222, 713-875-1652 fax.

The registration fee for this meeting will be $250, and will be collected
on site.  Please make your checks and POs payable to Rice University (no
credit cards or cash, please).   Since the registration fee notice is late,
for those of you who have to submit check requests in advance to your
institution, please let me know.  I am willing to work with you on having
it mailed to me.

If you have documents that you would like to have distributed at the
meeting, please send them to me no later than 4pm CST on Friday, January 6.
Please send the file in Postscript to [email-masked] AND
[email-masked].

In order to adequately prepare for the meeting, I will need to know if you
plan to attend, so please RSVP to [email-masked].  If you are a vegetarian or
have any other special needs, I will need to know this as well.

At this point, we only have 12 reservations under our room block.  They
are:  Boland, Choudhary, Fink (Baden's student), Mehrotra, Meltzer, Munroe,
Offner, Saltz, Schreiber, Schuster, Williamson, and Zosel.  If you plan to
attend and your name is not on this list, please let me know ASAP (along
with the name of the hotel in which you are staying, if you are not going
to stay at the Wyndham).

If you are still in need of a reservation, call 713-875-2222 no later than
midnight on Thursday, January 4, 1996.  Be sure to refer to the HPFF
meeting (this is important - we have to meet a certain quota to avoid
meeting room rental fees).  Our sleeping room rate is $99 for single and
double occupancy.  The hotel sleeping rooms are equipped with dataport
lines, so you will be able to use your portable computer from your room.

The Wyndham Greenspoint Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and
from Intercontinental Airport.  Upon arrival at the airport, you can call
for pick up.  The Wyndham has a courtesy phone in the phone bank of the
baggage claim area.  The shuttle hours are 6am to 11pm daily.   When
departing the hotel for the airport, please note that the shuttle leaves
the hotel every 30 minutes.

The format of the meeting follows:

January 9th through January 11th

8am
Continental breakfast

8:30am - 5pm
One room u-shaped for 40 people
2 breakouts for 20 people each

Lunch and an am and pm break will be provided.  Dinner is at your own expense.

January 12th
8am
Continental breakfast

8:30am - noon
One room u-shaped for 40 people
2 breakouts for 20 people each

An am break will be provided.

If you have any questions regarding the logistics for the HPFF meeting,
please let me know.  If you have any questions regarding technical issues,
please direct them to Mary Zosel ([email-masked]).

Also, for your information, our contact person at the Wyndham Greenspoint
Hotel is
Michael Sanders.

Sincerely,
Theresa Chatman
Manager of Outreach Programs, CRPC
Rice University
MS-41
6100 South Main Street
Houston, TX  77005
713-285-5180 Phone
713-285-5136 Fax
[email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To (un)subscribe to this list, send mail to [email-masked].
Leave the subject line blank, and in the body put the line
(un)subscribe <email-address>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------