Subject: hpff-core: Compiler Infrastructure Workshop

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 10:03:30 -0500

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] is a mailing list for announcements related to High
Performance Fortran.  Instructions for adding or deleting yourself
from this list appear at the bottom of this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear HPFF-Core -

As Ken mentioned at the last HPFF meeting, we are holding a series of two
workshops examining the possibility of building a prototype shared compiler
infrastructure for the research community. Such an infrastructure will be
useful for the compiler research community as a base for experimentation
and development.  Later this month,  we will hold the second of these
workshops with the goal of completing a skeleton plan developed at the
first workshop. The final plan may influence the structure of a forthcoming
Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) from ARPA.

In keeping with that goal, we are inviting as consultants a number of
vendors who might be interested in participating in the development of the
prototype. The consultants will be asked to provide expertise on the
feasibility of commercial development of portions of the infrastructure. In
order to keep the meeting to a manageable size, we ask that only one person
from each company or research group attend.  If you would like to attend
this workshop, please contact Kathy El-Messidi ([email-masked]).  She
will get you an official invitation and more detailed information on time,
place, etc.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled HPF discussions.

                                                Chuck