Subject: CRPC-TR-96652-S abstract

From: Nathaniel McIntosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:49:22 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings,

I have a new tech report for y'all. The number
Theresa assigned me is CRPC-TR-96652-S. Attached
is an ASCII abstract; I'll send the PostScript
for the report in a second message.

Thanks,

Nat

---

This document describes a method for improving software prefetching
for parallel Fortran programs running on cache-coherent DSM
(distributed shared memory) multiprocessors. The key component used in
this scheme is a data flow framework that exploits information about
array access patterns and about the cache coherence protocol to
predict at compile-time the sets of array references that are likely
to cause coherence activity at run-time.  The information derived from
the data flow framework can be used to tackle a variety of problems,
including better prefetching for coherence misses, more precise
application of exclusive-mode prefetching, and compile-time
identification of false sharing.